Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween

We weren't sure about Halloween in HK, but once October hit, the candy and costumes started appearing, so we knew we had a candy coming! The neighborhood hosted a party Saturday night, which is where the first picture was taken (Forrest and Ellis were busy).  And, on the night of Halloween, the kids can go door to door from 7 until 9 trick-or-treating.  We were given a pumpkin sign to put on our door, which indicates we are participating in the candy fest. 

I thought it would be fun to go back to as many Halloweens as the iphoto has stored.  

 2013 - Anne Bonny and the Egyptian princess

2012 - Lady Jane Grey and the Egyptian princess (the first time).  Ellis is on the other side of two other children in this picture, but I cropped him out because I'm pretty sure it's bad blogging etiquette to include photos of children who are not my own.

2011 - I know it might be obvious, but Forrest is a professional ping pong player.



2010



2009 - I think I'm getting these dates right. I'm also noticing that we often do repeats on costumes. 


2008 - Breaking the rule on "other children on the blog." First of all, Anna (between Forrest and Claire) and Jennifer (between Claire and Ellis) are like our daughters (and to this day still call us mom and dad), so they don't count, and, second of all, the other two girls were exchange students who, I am certain, wouldn't mind being on this blog. 

Because we tend to be in costume so much around this family, I think it's only appropriate for this post to also dig into the characters who didn't appear at Halloween.

2Forrest as a revolutionary- 2007

2007 - Ellis and Taylor in the Ten Plagues play


 2008 - Ellis and Forrest 


 2009 - Claire would put that hat and those black 4" heels on and tell me to call her Lizzy (Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Bennett).



No comments:

Post a Comment