Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Back tracking (again)- Piercings 2016

Claire has been waiting for earrings since she was six years old when she came home from school with a new pair of earrings she bought from a traveling group. I first thought the earrings were for me and she said, "No, I bought them for me." Really? I reminded her the rule of the house is to wait until she is 10 years old. Her reply, "I know, but I'm going to be ready."

Four years later, and not a clue to the whereabouts of that first pair of earrings, she is pierced.




So, she was clearly excited on the way to get her ears pierced, but when the rubber hit the road, she was a wreck. 

She selected her earrings, and then fear gripped her. THEN, she gripped me (in a death grip). We made it through this ordeal with our breathing exercises and a few tears. 


And, Anna - to the rescue - provided a much deserved picnic on the beach once we got home. All is well in the universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment