Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bicycle lanes for cars

I actually have a driver's license in this country, but I find I have no desire to navigate these roads. The first picture is like many of the roads in and around our house. The lanes are more like bicycle lanes in my opinion, except they are not!  We share these roads with cars, double-decker buses, and BICYCLEs.  Yes, people ride their road bikes on this road during the morning hours all the time - death wish!



This picture is the bridge we cross every Sunday on the way to church.  I guess it's appropriate because I use it as a prayer bridge.  It's a white-knuckle kind of crossing with the normal car, but those double decker buses cross this same road with us as well!  I feel better when those buses are going in our same direction, but inevitably, they are always coming toward us, except today when I'm trying to caputre the danger on film. 
Again, I am not the driver - I'm the photographer and the horribly nervous person telling the children to stop talking to daddy while he drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment