Friday, August 23, 2013

Change-over

Forrest made me do it.  He told me when we first moved here to just create a blog on blogger like he had done, but I was trying to be the adult who might venture out and try different avenues - except that no one could get on my avenue and experience Hong Kong with me!
Well, thanks to the five minutes that it took Forrest to move all my posts from "livejournal" to blogger, I am now Crouching Tiger Hidden Holcombes on blogger.

Today in  Hong Kong I learned an important lesson; always carry an umbrella and believe in printed addresses!  The girls and I left this morning for Wanchai to buy their uniforms because they have finally been accepted into an international school and they start Monday (only six days, four business days late).
I had the address to give to the taxi and we were off. When he dropped us off, I was looking around for this wonderful shop that would have all the uniforms for so many of the schools, but I saw nothing.  Meanwhile the taxi driver is pointing to a non-descript door and nodding his head. I pretended to understand and moved out of the taxi and across the street.  Does this look like a door I should be taking my girls into? All I could think of was Jeff's comment about Wanchai being the redlight district of HK, but this is 10am, right? We went in, but I didn't make them go first.  Well, maybe I did.  We were supposed to go to the second floor but it looked somewhat empty, so I sent Taylor up two more flights, but she quickly came back with nothing. So, we went through a half-opened door and then saw the glass doors for the little uniform shop with the sweet ladies ready to help my sweeties get ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment