Thursday, April 16, 2015

I'm on a roll

The fourth post in one day!

We're still in November 2014, I think.

At this point, we have only been in HK fifteen months and the kids, especially Forrest and Ellis, act as if they were born here. They have embraced everything good in this place, and it's a prayer answered beyond my expectations (as are all prayers, I believe). I remember telling the kids (while we were still living in NC) that we wouldn't want to be where God didn't want us, even if we thought we wanted to be there. I also remember telling them we could easily stay right where we were and be happy and content, but there would be so much we would miss. Of course, at the time, I was trying to convince myself of this, as well.


Recently, someone asked, "Why do you think they have embraced the move?" I could only answer this: "Only as much as Jeff and I BOTH embrace this and find joy in this, can the kids find the capacity to do the same." This doesn't mean they will be happy if we are, but I find the likelihood much higher.  Our physical home is where we are together, and I think it's the same for every family, no matter where that physical home started.


Running to Stop the Traffik
This is probably the beginning of the big league for Forrest.  He began working with this organization when his school needed a first aid person for the 24 Hour Race for "Running to Stop the Traffik," an organization run by students all under 24 years old. This picture is from a fund raiser that Forrest had to attend, and asked Jeff and me to go along. At the end of the night, I told him I thought he did a great job introducing me to people and talking with all the different people at the event. Then, he sighed, and said, "Small talk is REALLY hard."

I would probably butcher the details of the organization and all that it entails, so I'll stop with that.


Scouts is a different animal in HK, but I think it's because the boys had such a special bond with their Greensboro troop. With that said, they still have cool opportunities, all of which are safer than RUGBY!




No comments:

Post a Comment