Monday, September 15, 2014

Bringing home the bacon

Between fishing at the oil rigs and Chef class at school, Ellis is starting to give Taylor a run for her money in the food department.

Our Chefs (yes, Ellis' glued tooth his still holding)


Fishing 60 miles off the coast in the South China Sea.  He vomitted only three times! 






From sea to plate. Yes, we made this without our helper (it was her day off)!



Okay, the Chef class in the middle school is amazing. The teacher is a trained chef from Le Cordon Bleu in London - honestly. Ellis made beautiful moon cakes for the mid-autumn festival, but none of us ate them because they had red bean filling. Really? Who eats that stuff? He told me a girl in his class seemed to really love the ones she made, so I sent a note to her mom, and I found out she took in her own filling - Nutella!  
Okay, this picture is not exactly Ellis' mooncake, but his looked exactly like it! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the moon cakes he made, but took a picture of the half-eaten vegetable dip.  
Forrest says I have issues with my photography. I tell him the gift skipped a generation and he needs to be thankful.




I became inspired from my little chefs and started making my own mayonnaise. I had no idea how easy it is. It's only one egg, 1/2 cup extra light olive oil,  fresh lemon juice, a little dijon mustard and a little salt. You have to use one of these hand held blenders, but it works in about 30 seconds. Crazy. 


 Taylor is always making wonderful things in the kitchen! These are her brownie cupcakes and her very buttery chocolate chip cookies. She even made my giant  birthday cookie from scratch, but I can't find the picture. Claire, on the other hand, runs when people start working in the kitchen. She's going to be hard to repartriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment