Thursday, April 3, 2014

Giving Courage

Here they are, my two youngest on the city bus in Hong Kong without mom or dad or brothers or helper. Yep, they are off to school by themselves, and I am okay with this. I am more than okay with this.  

They have their bus cards (because I watched them swipe them on the card reader as they entered the bus), they have a little phone that we bought in the market that takes a genius to operate in these days of ipones and galaxys, they have each other, and they have the confidence of two very proud parents. 

Taylor has been telling me for days that she is ready to go the full way to school without me or our helper. In order to get to school they have to make a stop half-way there and get on another bus, and Taylor has shown me many times that she can do this easily. We have walked through the possibilites of what might happen and she has the back-up plans in that pretty little head. 

I think she needed more than anyone in our family for me to believe in her!  I do believe in her, but I needed to show her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment