Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Library Day


Taylor is a wiz with directions. She really knows her way around parts of this very confusing city, while I continue to get us lost on a weekly basis. 

After her immigration appointment on Monday, we finally arrived at Taylor's school and found her class had already left for the library. They use the public library two blocks away.  

The girl at the front desk greeted us as we walked in the door three and a half hours late for school, told us Taylor's class was gone, and then said, "I have no idea where the library is. Taylor, can you get to the library?" Taylor said, "Sure. Mom, do you want to walk with me, or do you need to catch the bus?" 

Really, everyone is okay with this.  I follow along, cross two intersections, kiss her goodbye, and hail a taxi (I was finished with buses for the day).



No comments:

Post a Comment